The Liaison International Education & Knowledge team is responsible for maintaining product documentation for 80+ SaaS products with 4M+ users. Currently, our Expert site includes 96 top-level categories for product documentation, 21 top-level categories for internal product documentation, and a total of 29.5k articles across all categories. On an annual basis, we see 3M site visitors who engage in 5.7M sessions with 13M pageviews. To ensure an optimal experience for all users, and to maintain administrative scalability, we:
- Use custom headers, custom branding, and 4,200 global variables to create personalized experiences.
- Use conditional content to document internal knowledge and processes.
- Incorporate feedback tools for users to provide recommendations for article improvement.
- Store most content in a content repository which contains 130+ articles with hundreds of content snippets; these content snippets are reused throughout the site, so when we need to make a change to a snippet, we only have to do this in a single location (i.e., the repository).
- Adhere to a strict style guide to ensure content is written and presented in consistent formats.
- Integrate with Salesforce so that our customer service representatives have access to Expert articles when working with cases.
- Integrate with product APIs to automatically import data and information into articles.
- Integrate with RingCentral to bring live chat directly into dozens of categories.
As a result of our efforts, our Expert site has become the single source of truth and main resource for most of our product users and employees, and overall satisfaction remains high. We have achieved a customer self-service ratio of 5:1, which results in an annual savings of roughly $500k. Additionally, employees have reported they can find information up to 20% faster than before we implemented Expert.