NetApp Support is heavily invested in helping our customers resolve any issues they face with NetApp products and services. In 2020, we embarked on our Knowledge Centered Services Version 6 (KCSv6) journey, with the aim of improving customer success with our products through the efficient creation, usage and sharing of organizational knowledge. The CXOne platform played a significant role in our KCSv6 implementation and pivoting us towards being an organization with improved operational efficiency and increased self-services success, while enabling organizational learning.
Being a KCSv6 verified tool, CXOne provided us with many out-of-the box features that facilitated the implementation and adoption of KCSv6 at NetApp.
1. KCS Article Structure--Templates that adhere to our content standards:
· Customized templates for both Experience-based or Solve Loop and Compliance-based or Evolve Loop content requirements.
· Conditional content containers to manage visibility for customers, partners, and internal users.
· Authoring and editing privileges based on KCS license of the author--KCS Candidate, KCS Contributor, KCS Publisher.
· Use of draft manager to manage Evolve loop content by making them KCS enabled=no
· Flexibility to create content formats such as Interactive Workflows and Resolution guides. These workflows and guides are designed to provide our customers the convenience of finding articles related to one topic or a common theme within the same location.
2. The Solve Loop: Capture Manager for appropriate authoring controls
· Ability to set or change visibility and confidence
· Ability to flag or fix content issues
· Ability to create new and update content in the workflow based on the KCS license of the user.
3. The Evolve Loop and Content Health:
· Draft Manager provides an alternate authoring workflow for Evolve Loop articles like Resolution paths, Resolution guides and Interactive Workflows, by limiting the editing privileges for these articles to small group of Subject Matter Experts.
· Feedback feature allows customers to be part of the content creation process by providing them means to ask for content improvement.
· CXOne APIs allow customers accessing KBs from outside the KB site, for example from the support site, to provide feedback using the TouchPoint functionality.
· CXOne APIs allowed us to create multiple personalized and general dashboards that help identify content process gaps, track author activities, etc. Some of our most popular dashboards are coach's dashboard, archival dashboard, and WIP dashboard.
· CXOne reports to help us identify top-used content and broken links. Top-used content is further optimized for search engines.
4. Process Integration: CXOne APIs allow TouchPoint to be integrated into the Case Management tool—Smartsolve, thereby providing the following functionalities.
· Knowledge Base is integrated into the SmartSolve search allowing the engineer to find appropriate knowledge articles from within the tool without opening another tab to search the KB database. This has improved the efficiency and time taken to resolve cases
· Touchpoint integration allows engineers to create, update, or flag content while working on a customer case.
· KB articles created using WIP editor within SmartSolve can be added to the KB database with a click of a button ensuring a seamless experience for our engineers and improving employee satisfaction.
· KB articles can be searched and directly linked to a case from within SmartSolve, for later review and analysis to drive process improvements or product refinements as part of the Evolve Loop process.
5. Performance Assessment: Integration of Content Standard Checklist (CSC) audit form into CXOne platform.
· To provide our coaches the convenience of doing CSC audits from within the CXOne platform, we integrated the CSC audit form from SmartSolve using an iFrame.
· The coaches can review the first version of the article when it was created during case closure.
· The coaches can review and add the audit scores within one platform, which saves time. Previously, they were required to audit in SmartSolve and view the article in CXOne platform.
Note: Seamless integration and ease of use of all tools required for case management and closure has greatly improved the process adherence score of our technical support teams
Results and Impact
Our KCS program has yielded exceptional results:
- Performance Assessment – over the last year
- Process Adherence Review maintained at >85%
- Article creation rate: improved by 64%
- Article reuse rate: improved by 25%
- CSC: maintained over 90%
- Team Licenses
- 90% of support engineers are licensed publishers
- 100% coaches are licensed
- 96% support leadership are licensed
- Digital Support Success
- Adopted industry-leading KCSv6 Practices
- ~50 Industry Certified KCSv6 Practitioners
- > 1,500 Knowledge Articles published per month, over 20K total from 2020-2021
- 90% of our Knowledge Articles are shared externally—a 35% increase
- Time to publish content reduced from 43k minutes to less than 1 minute
- >3.5M monthly page views to our digital support sites [MR1] [PP2] and > 600K monthly page views on the KB site.
- 99% of support journeys include digital channels
- >60:1 Contact Ratio across our 5-Channel Support Delivery model—more-than doubled since realigning to KCSv6 Best Practices. (Contact Ratio is the number of Digital Support Engagement (web sessions) seen for every Assisted Support Case that is opened) (Goal was 30:1)
- <5% of all answers are assisted support cases
- Our CSAT scores are at an all-time high of 4.5/5
- Our Customer Effort Score is also at an all-time high with 98%
These exceptional results tie directly to our KCS program success for which we owe a big thanks to CXOne platform.
Article type: Portfolio